Monday, February 24, 2014

Practice Observation

I chose to observe a dining hall for my practice observations. I usually get lunch at Tilly so I observed while I ate alone. The first clear thing that I observed was that there are different tables for people to sit on. Most tables were filled with groups of friends. I watched as they shared laughs and conversations. There were some tables, however, that had people sitting unaccompanied. These people still seemed to have their attention occupied. Quite a few people scrolled through their phones as they ate. Others were reading from their computers, novel, or paper. The last bit of people sitting alone were just happy eating while in thought. I watched as people went up and got food then went back to their table. A couple of people stood in line socializing. Many people kept to their friends but more than once I watched as someone ran into someone they knew, they would share a couple of words then go back on to the task of getting food. Overall Tilly is a very social place.

No comments:

Post a Comment